Instructor - Aviation Maintenance
We are searching for an experienced Instructor - Aviation Maintenance at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach students to maintain and repair the avionic and mechanical equipment needed to make planes and helicopters operate safely. This includes repairing, inspecting and maintaining the structural, mechanical and electronic elements of the aircraft, replacing parts, measuring wear and assessing whether parts need repair or replacement. Aircraft mechanics use a wide variety of diagnostic devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools to assess and fix aircraft, and maintain aircraft standards as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contact and meet with potential new students, feeder sources and employers.
· Utilizes a craft committee to ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of the occupation are being taught. The committee is composed of at least three members external to the institution, meets at least twice per year, and keeps minutes to document committee activities.
· Organizes instruction in classrooms, shops, and laboratories as evidenced by course outlines, lesson plans, competency tests, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and audiovisuals.
· Provides sufficient practice with equipment in order to develop skill proficiency.
· Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
· Provides advisement services to assigned advisees.
· Maintains individual student progress data and ensures this is a part of the student’s permanent record.
· Maintains current standard reference books, periodicals, and manuals of a business, professional, technical, and industrial nature to facilitate the educational program objectives.
· Maintains a healthful, safe, and secure classroom/lab environment.
· Posts emergency evacuation routes in case of natural or other disasters.
· Requests adequate equipment and supplies to support the program.
· Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
· Ensures tests and other means of assessing the achievement of student are sufficiently accurate.
· Evaluates follow-up data from completers and employers to obtain information concerning program effectiveness and relevance to improve the quality of the program where needed.
· Can provide high quality dual enrollment instruction in a high school environment.
· Recommend curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or courseware as assigned.
· File incident reports as necessary to report any observed safety violations, or situations that may affect the safety of flight.
· Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
· Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
· Faculty teaching associate degree courses designed for transfer to a baccalaureate degree: doctorate or master’s degree in the teaching discipline or master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours). Faculty teaching associate degree courses not designed for transfer to the baccalaureate degree: bachelor’s degree in the teaching discipline, or associate’s degree and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline.
· FAA and A & P certification.
· 5 years of related industry experience.
· Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of higher educational teaching techniques and measurements.
· Ability to work with and build a diverse student cohort.
· Proven skills in aviation, mechanics and meteorology.
· Advanced knowledge in utilizing the Internet and various social media as a communication tool.
· Ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Ability to make independent decisions that demonstrate good judgment.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Must have physical capability to effectively operate all functions of an aircraft, tools including software.
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.