Director - Advising
We are searching for an experienced Director - Advising at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Academic Advising works collaboratively with College Leadership, Academic Affairs, Career Services, Financial Aid, Enrollment Management and the Student Success Center to implement the institutional vision for strong student engagement, retention, and completion strategies. The scope of work within the Academic Advising area includes developing and assessing the philosophy and strategies for the institution's advising component of student engagement; developing and implementing advising staff training programs; supervising, hiring, and coordinating training for all advising & testing center staff; maintaining and coordinating advising staff during the registration cycle and peak advising periods; ensuring consistent and quality communication with the students to promote student success; ensuring accurate advising information is available on the web/portal and assisting with targeted student success efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervises, hires, evaluates, and trains all advising & testing center staff. Supports advising staff during peak advising periods to ensure a high-quality, consistent, and accurate advising culture that is aligned with the college’s mission to promote student success.
· Develops and assesses the procedures, mechanisms, and strategies for the institution’s advising component of student engagement. Facilitates changes as necessary to maintain continuous advising quality to ensure best practices are being implemented, documented, and adjusted based on process analysis.
· Provides consistent and accurate advising information to students through the web/portal and staff/faculty, as well as across departments to ensure that all disseminated information is consistently updated.
· Analyzes and maintains enrollment data, identifying retention and persistence patterns and other relevant information to provide for informative decisions regarding academic advising, its processes, and its outcomes.
· Facilitates communication and collaboration between the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Deans, Program Coordinators, College Leadership, and all departments to coordinate and support advising efforts and create a positive environment conducive to implementing and maintaining a comprehensive, internally supported academic advising program.
· Leads the Quality Enhancement Plan Implementation Committee. Disseminates Quality Enhancement Plan activity information including an annual report. Produces the fifth-year interim report according to SACSCOC compliance requirements to ensure the Quality Enhancement Plan is executed as written.
· Develop and deliver advising staff training programs and formal presentations to leadership groups, faculty and staff.
· Responsible for the planning, tracking, and analyzing of the SOWELA early alert system for students.
· Oversees the testing center and new student orientation.
· Collaborates with the Executive Director of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs and other campus departments concerning student success and retention efforts.
· Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience working with college students or young adults in an academic advising, career services, or consulting capacity in a higher education environment.
· One to three (1-3) years supervisory experience, preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with both small and large groups.
· Ability to work with a diverse, non-traditional, and traditionally underserved population.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of a student information system and/or knowledge of microcomputer/software applications.
· Knowledge of advising best practices.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and made good decisions.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day; occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.