Instructor - Information Technology
We are searching for an experienced Instructor - Information Technology at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Conducts college-level courses. Responsible for preparing and delivering lectures online and on-ground, creating a learning environment, and assessing student learning. Demonstrates and teaches subject matter in classroom and online. Maintains accurate grade and attendance records. Maintains individual student progress data and ensures this is a part of the student’s permanent record. Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records. Posts at office and on the syllabus, on-campus hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff administrators and the public. Be available to students via email, phone and/or in person conference. May mentor other staff or students.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participates in local business and industry activities.
· Utilizes the approved curriculum. Develops clearly-stated course objectives and learning outcomes. Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
· Organizes instruction in classrooms and online as evidenced by course outlines, lesson plans, competency tests, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and audiovisuals.
· Participates in an advisory committee to ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of the occupation are being taught.
· Assists with student completion, placement, and retention rates ensuring that they meet accrediting agencies standards.
· Responsible for providing training in the competencies essential to success in the occupation including attitudes, job knowledge, and skills.
· Provides advisement services to assigned advisees.
· Oversee IT student internships.
· Evaluates follow-up data from completers and employers to obtain information concerning program effectiveness and relevance to improve the quality of the program where needed.
· Attends all commencement ceremonies.
· Attends meetings and prepares reports as necessary.
· Other duties as required or assigned.
Three years of relevant work experience in IT.
Master’s degree prefered in Computer Science or IT-related field.
Teaching or training experience is required.
Must meet SACSCOC credentialing requirements.
IT Certifications such as: CompTIA A+, TestOut Security Pro, or Cisco CCNA highly preferred.
Online teaching experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Adhere to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) policies.
Must be able to instruct students in the completion of relevant projects.
Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment and computers, utilizing a variety of software is essential that includes but is not limited to the Internet, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.Must effectively and appropriately use technology in the curriculum.
Create a positive learning environment for students using innovative, effective and diverse teaching methods to engage students in their own learning and enhance student success.Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural (including traditional, non-traditional and international students) and socio-economic backgrounds.
Demonstrates and encourages professional growth and improvement.Demonstrates appropriate work ethic (attendance, cooperation, etc.).Projects a professional attitude.Maintains a professional appearance.
Maintains current standard reference books, periodicals, and manuals of a business, professional, technical, and industrial nature to facilitate the educational program objectives.
Maintains a healthful, safe, and secure classroom/lab environment.Posts emergency evacuation routes in case of natural or other disasters.
Requests adequate equipment and supplies to support the program.Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
Ensures tests and other means of assessing the achievement of student are sufficiently accurate.
Individual must be a committed, motivated self-starter who is capable of initiating and completing work with little supervision and/or as a part of a team on larger projects.
Promotes technical and community college education.Ability to make independent decisions demonstrating good judgment.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.