Business and Industry Services Specialist
We are searching for an experienced Business and Industry Services Specialist at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To Serve as the point of contact relative to concerns related to industry education and training, specifically for industrial skills related training, workshops, and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with industry in the identification, development and delivery of customized training programs, industrial maintenance and construction craft programs, and other industry related projects.
· Increase the number of training partnerships with business and industry.
· Ensure comprehensive outcomes assessment initiatives are performed on all workforce development programs.
· Seek additional funding opportunities, state and federal grants, to fund the development and delivery of workforce and incumbent training programs to support the training needs of industry.
· Recruit, interview, and recommend the hiring of instructors to support the mission of the Office of Workforce Solutions.
· Form and work with/through permanent and ad-hoc advisory boards as needed for the purpose of developing and selling in demand industry based training.
· Perform on-going industry based training needs assessments.
· Acts as an advocate for the business and industry training programs and presents a positive image of the department and the College to both internal and external customers.
· Prepare correspondence and reports related to industry based training initiates as needed.
· Work with business and industry to place graduates into the workforce.
· Represent SOWELA and participate in various community, and statewide committees and organizations as assigned by the Executive Director of Workforce Solutions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· 5 or more years of experience working in an industry related position (industrial operations, maintenance, or training & development is preferred)
· Education: A Bachelor's degree is preferred, Industry certifications and/or related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· The ability to independently manage details associated with multiple programs and projects, to
· Track activities, and to meet deadlines is required. Strong verbal and written communication skills,
· Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to interface with faculty and staff and the public are required.
· The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Essential Job Functions:
Other: Requires some evening and weekend work, particularly during evening and/or weekend workshops, seminars, and conferences. Occasional overnight, out-of-town travel is required. As a business development position, this role is required to produce revenue in excess of total annual compensation.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to maintain focus.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Contract Length: 12-month
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or