Adjunct Instructor - Drafting and Design Technology
We are searching for an experienced Adjunct Instructor - Drafting and Design Technology at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This part-time adjunct position reports to the Dean of the School of Business and Applied Technology. Conducts college-level courses in the Drafting and Design Technology degree. Responsible for preparing and delivering in-class lectures and labs, creating a learning environment, and assessing student learning. Maintains accurate grade and attendance records. Maintains individual student progress data and ensures this is a part of the student’s permanent record. Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilizes the approved curriculum. Develops clearly-stated course objectives and learning outcomes. Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
· Organizes face-to-face instruction as evidenced by course outlines, lesson plans, competency tests, labs, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and audiovisuals.
· Supports School assessment initiatives
· Responsible for providing training in the competencies essential to success in the occupation including attitudes, job knowledge, and skills.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s degree in Drafting or closely related field.
· Must meet SACSCOC credentialing requirements.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD.
· A minimum of 1 year work-related highly preferred.
· Teaching experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Adhere to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) policies.
· Must be able to instruct students in the completion of relevant projects.
· Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment and computers, utilizing a variety of software is essential that includes but is not limited to the Internet, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Must effectively and appropriately use technology in the curriculum.
· Create a positive learning environment for students using innovative, effective and diverse teaching methods to engage students in their own learning and enhance student success. Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural (including traditional, non-traditional and international students) and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Ensures tests and other means of assessing the achievement of student are sufficiently accurate.
· Individual must be a committed, motivated self-starter who is capable of initiating and completing work with little supervision and/or as a part of a team on larger projects.
· Promotes technical and community college education. Ability to make independent decisions demonstrating good judgment.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Temporary (Adjunct)
Contract Length: Semester
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or