Instructor - History
We are searching for an experienced Instructor - History at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach college-level History courses, focusing particularly on the American history survey. Full-time class load is five classes per semester. Responsible for preparing and delivering lectures, moderating classroom discussions
, and administering and grading examinations. Maintains accurate grade and attendance records. Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records. Be available to students via email, phone and/or in person conference.
Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilizes the approved curriculum. Develops clearly-stated course objectives and learning outcomes. Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
· Keeps accurate classroom records.
· Supports department assessment initiatives.
· Uses and updates the required course management system.
· Meets deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting Show/No Show reports, midterm grades, and final grades.
· Other duties as required or assigned.
· Doctoral or master’s degree in History or a master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in History is required.
· Successful experience in post-secondary teaching is preferred.
· Successful experience in distance-learning experience is preferred.
· Successful experience in teaching hybrid and/or compressed video courses is desirable.
· Applicants must meet credentialing guidelines for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· All positions require superior communication skills, the ability to relate to students, other faculty, and college staff, and the ability to handle a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
· The successful applicant will be a team player, have strong leadership skills, and possess a high-energy level and a positive attitude.
· The ability to assist students with college-readiness skills is desired.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Contract Length: 9-month
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or