Support Coordinator - IRT
We are searching for an experienced Support Coordinator - IRT at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer. The Support Coordinator will maintain the help desk software and coordinate the efforts of the IRT Staff, including first level troubleshooting. In general, assign tickets, contact customers about requests, maintain project data, perform password resets, liaison between technician and customer, write reports, perform clerical duties for CIO as needed, enter/track purchasing, conduct annual inventory and maintain all records for the IT Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform telephone first level technical troubleshooting.
· Elevate problem to level two and assign tickets based on type of request.
· Follow up daily on all tickets in the system discussing solutions with technicians.
· Contact customer when ticket complete to ensure satisfaction.
· Communicate with all staff to ensure tickets are being addressed in a timely manner.
· Enter and Manage all requisitions for IT division, track ordering, receive deliveries, stock items.
· Coordinate the receipt and installation of purchased technology equipment by the school.
· Maintain records for inventory of all electronic items delivered/received.
· Report to CIO weekly on the status of projects, statistics on tickets.
· Check server logs for error events and create trouble tickets for the appropriate area.
· Manage projects assigned to various staff and student workers.
· Document computer/system problems and resolutions for repair manual.
· Develop instruction manuals and system documentation.
· Manage travel arrangements and documentation for IT department.
· Maintain, by file or shred, all documentation for the IT department.
· Provide first line support for student password changes.
· Serve as back up for all data uploads for email, ID system, and other applications.
· Assist technicians with logistics and prep of computer deployment.
· Manage security requests for AD, STCC, and Banner.
· Monitor security logs and distribution of logs to appropriate departments.
· Develop and maintain backup rotation plan for tapes and offsite storage.
· Prepare training material for IT provided classes.
· Assist CIO with maintaining IT/eLearning portal on STCC.
· Provide assistance with Microsoft Windows systems, Microsoft Office and other commonly used applications.
· Manage the catalog updates.
Other duties as required or assigned.
· Associate’s degree in a computer/business-related field.
· Three years of work experience in a computer/office-related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven skills in project management.
· Advanced knowledge in utilizing the Internet and various social media as a communication tool.
· Ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Ability to make independent decisions that demonstrate good judgment.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.