Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides consistent and accurate advising information to students through the web/portal and staff/faculty, as well as across departments to ensure that all disseminated information is consistently
Coordinates and proctor’s college testing as needed and assigned.
Advises students regarding academic interests, college offerings and requirements.
Assist students in selecting courses and combinations of courses that reflect individual interests and academic preparedness. Interpret assessment scores and facilitate decisions with students regarding placement choices within their selected program of study.
Meets with students and parents providing guidance and information on the college, it’s programs, and available student resources.
Coordinates and collaborates with representatives from Academic Departments, and other campus departments in order to resolve student issues and develop quality improvement methods.
Meet with students to develop academic plans.
Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the goals and objectives of the advising program.
Maintain confidentiality of records and information (FERPACompliance).
Maintain accurate student records
Maintain knowledge of all college policies and procedures, college grounds and facilities, registration process, and all services provided at the College.
Perform other job-related duties assigned.
· Associates’ degree and five years related experience in higher education specifically in the areas of recruitment, admissions, and/or advising, may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
· Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with both small and large groups.
· Ability to work with a diverse, non-traditional, and traditionally underserved population.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of a student information system and/or knowledge of microcomputer/software applications.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities, community agencies, and the general public.
· Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
· Ability to interpret and communicate College policies and procedures.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day; occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.