Executive Director of Information Technology
We are searching for an experienced Executive Director of Information Technology at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director of Information Technology (EDIT) ensures the streamlined operation of the Information Technology Division and aligns the Division with the business objectives of the organization. The individual plans, coordinates, directs, designs, and provides direct support for IT-related activities, and instructional technology. In addition, the Executive Director of Information Technology provides administrative direction and support for the daily operational activities of the Division.
The Executive Director of Information Technology works closely with all divisions of the College and at all College sites in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions associated with the campus IT infrastructure and delivery services, IT support for curricula, and students and staff for all campus controlled aspects of the organization. The Executive of Information Technology also defines and implements local IT policies in collaboration with the Louisiana Community & Technical College System (LCTCS) and SOWELA Technical Community College (STCC) policies and directives, and best practices related to campus Information Technology activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads Division operational and tactical planning for information technology and instructional technology. This includes fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
· Directs the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, telephone systems, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
· Supports STCC Information System policies, directives, and guidelines.
· Provides on-site, directed support from STCC Information Systems to all College campus sites.
· Benchmarks, analyzes reports on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
· Oversees the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
· Works with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology or instructional technology implementations.
· Directs and conducts research on potential technology solutions in support of technology related service procurement efforts.
· Keeps current with the latest technologies related to desktop support, local area networks, local security administration, office productivity applications, campus server support, instructional technology, and virus and intrusion detection.
· Manages financial aspects of the Division, including budget development & implementation, purchasing, and budget review.
· Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for Division spending and initiatives.
· Develops and implements all Division policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, service provision, instructional technology.
· Negotiates and administers vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements with appropriate STCC Information Systems oversight.
· Practices asset management for Division hardware, software, furniture, and equipment.
· Directs Division staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
· Establishes and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the other Executive Leadership Team members, Directors, Deans, department heads, program coordinators, and end users regarding pertinent Division activities.
· Adheres to directives and policies established by the LCTCS and the college.
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in computer science, information systems or related field, and strong leadership and management skills.
· Five years of high-level IT management experience in higher education or related field.
· Strong candidates will have significant experience developing strategic technology plans and multiyear financial plans.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven ability to implement and train on software processes.
· Proven skills in project management.
· Advanced knowledge in utilizing the Internet and various social media as a communication tool.
· Ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the College, maintain a professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
· Skills in recruiting, training, and managing employees, teams, and volunteers.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Ability to make independent decisions that demonstrate good judgment.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Contract Length: 12-month
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or