· Serves as assistant SGA advisor overseeing weekly meetings and reporting any issues that need to be addressed to the Director of Student Support Services in a timely manner.
· Provide oversight to student clubs, coordinate the development and facilitation of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities/programs that promote personal growth and student success and provide oversight to student clubs.
· Coordinate activities within the Student Success unit that will promote college and student success.
· Provide opportunities for student life participation that lead to student success and retention.
· Assist in enhancing the college experience by promoting participation in student activities resulting in social, personal, and intellectual growth outside the classroom.
· Develop, promote, and evaluate programs in social life, leadership training, student organization policy compliance, and other relevant areas of student life.
· Creates and implements assessments for activities, events, and programs.
· Provides general assistance to students seeking assistance in the Student Success Center. This includes assisting with Single Stop program and Academic Boost program.
· Maintains a professional appearance and appropriate work ethic (attendance, cooperation, etc.).
· Coordinate, promote and recruit for intramural sports year round. Have knowledge and ability to oversee planning and organizing intramural programs as outlined by the LCIRSA.
· Supervise and monitor intramural activities, including tournaments, scheduling of events and coordination of equipment/facility use.
· Be proficient in providing reports and organizing event calendars for intramurals, and other student support services activities and events.
· Be available for potential travel, evening, and weekend events.
· Have exemplary oral and written communication skills.
· Conducts outreach to the student population.
· Maintain community contacts and resources and act as liaison when appropriate.
· Adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System policies.
· Adheres to all policies and procedures contained in the SOWELA Technical Community College catalog and handbook.
· Work with instructional site/campuses student affairs personnel to provide opportunities for student life.
· Maintain 24/7 urgent response capability, particularly during academic semesters. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.