Support Coordinator - School of Arts & Sciences
We are searching for an experienced Support Coordinator - School of Arts & Sciences at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Support Coordinator is a member of the School of Arts and Sciences at SOWELA and will oversee the administration for all programs within the division, such as assisting in schedule building, providing information and assistance to students completing various reports, overseeing purchase requisitions, and other pertinent administrative processes for the programs. The Support Coordinator will also serve as administrative support for the School of Arts and Sciences.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain knowledge of the general College policies and procedures.
· Maintain knowledge of current recruitment and admissions policies and procedures.
· Provide information to students in a professional and respectful manner regarding the admissions process and application policies and procedures.
· Promptly, accurately, and professionally respond to student inquiries and questions.
· Assist with student advising.
· Develop and maintain a close working relationship with individuals, departments, and organizations on campus as well as various constituencies off-campus, including secondary school officials as it relates to the School of Arts and Sciences.
· Assist with Advisory Committee Meetings.
· Assist with the Maintenance of the Flying Tigers Portal – Syllabi, Advisory Committee Minutes, and other pertinent School information.
· Maintain confidentiality of records and information (FERPA Compliance) for the School of Arts and Sciences.
· Responsible for maintaining confidential information on all School of Arts and Sciences students.
· Maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs (such as Banner and Microsoft Office programs) for the School of Arts and Sciences.
· File records of students and instructors within the School of Arts and Sciences for up to 2 years.
· Maintain an annual list of student industry-based certifications.
· Develop and produce type-written letters, memorandums, and other correspondence for the School of Arts and Sciences.
· Prepare and maintain the School of Arts and Sciences schedules and documents.
· Write and maintain requisitions for the School of Arts and Sciences.
· Take minutes for School Meetings and post them in the Flying Tigers Portal.
· Design and prepare flyers, forms and other materials for the School of Arts and Sciences use.
· Responsible for maintaining a calendar as directed; screening phone calls; proofreading, editing and typing the School of Arts and Sciences reports.
· Assist is compiling information for Faculty Workload, Faculty Roster, and Faculty English Proficiency.
· Assists Program Coordinators with class schedule building.
· Assists Program Coordinators and faculty with travel requisitions.
· Check and deliver mail for the School of Arts and Sciences.
· Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies for the School of Arts and Sciences.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean or his/her designee.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited higher education institution with at least one year of work experience, an Associate Degree with a minimum of three years of experience, or eight years of full-time experience in a related field.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
· Proven organizational skills.
· Skills in managing an office environment.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Ability to make independent decisions that demonstrate good judgment.
Essential Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.