Adjunct Instructor - Anatomy and Physiology
We are searching for an experienced Adjunct Instructor - Anatomy and Physiology at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is always posted to collect applications; although the need to fill this position may be months away. This instructor reports to the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Provide face-to-face instruction to day or night students in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Teach college-level anatomy and physiology lecture and/or lab courses. Responsible for preparing and delivering lectures, moderating classroom discussions and administering and grading examinations. Maintains accurate grade and attendance records. Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records. Be available to students via email, phone and/or in person conference.
Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilizes the approved curriculum. Develops clearly-stated course objectives and learning outcomes. Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
· Keeps accurate classroom records.
· Supports department assessment initiatives.
· Uses and updates the required course management system.
· Meets deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting Show/No Show reports, midterm grades, and final grades.
· Other duties as required or assigned.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
· Doctoral or master’s degree in biology or related area with an emphasis on anatomical & physiological course work.
· Successful experience in post-secondary teaching is preferred.
· Applicants must meet credentialing guidelines for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· All positions require superior communication skills, the ability to relate to students, other faculty, and college staff, and the ability to handle a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
· The successful applicant will be a team player, have strong leadership skills, and possess a high-energy level and a positive attitude.
· The ability to assist students with college-readiness skills is desired.
Employment Type: Temporary (Adjunct)
Compensation Type: Credit
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.