Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Cooperates with other agencies to promote technical and community college education.
· Adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) policies.
· Adheres to policies and procedures contained in the SOWELA Technical Community College (STCC) Instructor’s Manual.
· Submits all required reports in a timely manner.
· Maintains accurate grade and attendance records.
· Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
· Demonstrates and encourages professional growth and improvement.
· Attends all commencement ceremonies.
· Participates in local business and industry activities.
· Demonstrates appropriate work ethic (attendance, cooperation, etc.).
· Utilizes the approved curriculum.
· Develops clearly-stated course objectives and learning outcomes.
· Responsible for student completion, placement, and retention rates ensuring that they meet accrediting agencies standards.
· Responsible for providing training in the competencies essential to success in the occupation including attitudes, job knowledge, and skills.
· Organizes instruction in classrooms, shops, and laboratories as evidenced by course outlines, lesson plans, competency tests, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and audiovisuals.
· Provides sufficient practice with equipment in order to develop skill proficiency.
· Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
· Utilizes a craft committee to ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of the occupation are being taught. The committee is composed of at least three members external to the institution, meets at least twice per year, and keeps minutes to document committee activities.
· Provides advisement services to assigned advisees.
· Maintains individual student progress data and ensures this is a part of the student’s permanent record.
· Maintains current standard reference books, periodicals, and manuals of a business, professional, technical, and industrial nature to facilitate the educational program objectives.
· Maintains a healthful, safe, and secure classroom/lab environment.
· Posts emergency evacuation routes in case of natural or other disasters.
· Requests adequate equipment and supplies to support the program.
· Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
· Ensures tests and other means of assessing the achievement of student are sufficiently accurate.
· Evaluates follow-up data from completers and employers to obtain information concerning program effectiveness and relevance to improve the quality of the program where needed.
Nursing Teaching Duties:
· Maintain current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Louisiana.
· Follow curriculum guidelines as approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
· Instruct students in nursing theory.
· Assist with clinical instruction.
· Develop lesson plans with guidance of the NCLEX Nursing test plan.
· Keep up to date with NCLEX changes.
· Uphold classroom and clinical policies.
· Evaluate skill performances.
· Evaluate and record care plans.
Nursing Clinical Duties:
· Familiarize students with facility policies.
· Assist with simulation lab check offs as scheduled.
· Supervise students during patient care.
· Evaluate and monitor students for procedures; give instruction as needed.
· Assist students with documentation.
· Arrange and plan pre and post conference.
· Uphold classroom and clinical policies.
· Complete clinical evaluation of student, using coordinating guidelines for the evaluation tool.
· Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.