Instructor - Welding
We are searching for an experienced Instructor - Welding at our Main Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Instructor of Welding Technology is responsible for classroom and lab instruction in various welding courses and assists in constructing degree/certification programs and updating current curriculum; providing quality instruction for a diverse student population; performing instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies and procedures of the college. Design and develop training programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teaches assigned welding technology courses, and associated labs in accordance with the college’s workload policy.
· Maintains written instructional standards.
· Facilitates instruction in accordance with instructional standards using alternative delivery methods as needed. .
· Posts and maintains office hours;
· Participates in the assessment and development of student learning outcomes.
· Establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner.
· Assists in the preparation of course proposals, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools.
· Reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories and course procedure sheets for welding technology courses.
· Assists with curriculum updates and the construction of degree/certificate programs.
· Applies and maintains standards of quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures such as and in accordance with AWS and ASME welding codes and standards.
· Implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful welding technology program.
· Integrates knowledge of customers, competitors, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve program quality.
· Works as part of an instructional team by participating in welding technology course scheduling, department, division and college meetings.
· Serves on college committees as assigned.
· Works to maintain the integrity of department curriculum.
· Maintains partnerships with local area employers to assist in arranging field experiences for program students.
· Collaborates with college community and area high schools in support of welding technology events and competitions.
· Assists in recruiting students and supporters to the program.
· Participates in job fairs, recruiting events, and other special events related to the welding technology program.
· Maintains equipment and supply inventory.
· Act as advisers to student organizations.
· Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
· Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and career planning.
· Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
· Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
· Technical Diploma and 3 years of related industry experience is preferred.
· Welder with 5 years of industry experience will be considered in lieu of the Technical Diploma.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated proficiency in performing SMAW 6G pipe and GMAW/FCAW/GTAW 6G pipe welds.
· Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with both small and large groups.
· Ability to work with a diverse, non-traditional, and traditionally underserved population.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of a student information system and/or knowledge of microcomputer/software applications.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and made good decisions.
Employment Type: Regular
Compensation Type: Year
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.