· 10% – Monitor surveillance cameras, investigate campus crimes and emergencies, monitor traffic, maintain security logs, prepare reports that include the number of traffic violations and cost to assist in managing the Safety and Security department needs; and reports weekly activities to the Lead and/or the Chief Safety and Security Officers; or to the Executive Director of Facilities Planning and Management as applicable.
· 5% – Develop applications of policies/procedures using independent judgement; identifies and recommends changes to processes, policies and procedures to better expedite departmental processes. Attend emergency medical training.
· 5% – Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead and/or the Chief Campus Safety and Security Officer(s); or the Executive Director of Facilities Planning & Management.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 40 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day and occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
· May be required to intervene in situations utilizing force if necessary to make an arrest, to restore order, prevent interference with normal operations or to protect persons or proper.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.