· Teaches assigned welding technology courses, and associated labs in accordance with the college’s workload policy; maintains written instructional standards; facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed; informs students in writing of instructional standards; posts and maintains office hours; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner.
· Assists in the preparation of course proposals, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories and course procedure sheets for welding technology courses; assists with curriculum updates and the construction of degree/certificate programs.
· Applies and maintains standards of quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures; such as AWS and ASME welding codes and standards; implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful welding technology program; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, and course procedure sheets for assigned courses; integrates knowledge of customers, competitors, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve program quality.
· Works as part of an instructional team by participating in welding technology course scheduling, department, division and college meetings; serving on college committees as assigned; works to maintain the integrity of department curriculum.
· Maintains partnerships with local area employers to assist in arranging field experiences for program students; collaborates with college community and area high schools in support of welding technology events and competitions; assists in recruiting students and supporters to the program, including participation in job fairs, recruiting events, and other special events related to the welding technology program Assists in the management of the welding program; maintains equipment and supply inventory.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements / Efforts:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
· Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
· Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
· Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
· Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Work a regular Monday through Friday schedule of eight hours per day; occasional weekends and overtime as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
· 3 years’ related industry experience.
· NCCER Certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated proficiency in performing SMAW 6G pipe and GMAW/FCAW/GTAW 6G pipe welds.
· Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with both small and large groups.
· Ability to work with a diverse, non-traditional, and traditionally underserved population.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of a student information system and/or knowledge of microcomputer/software applications.
· Knowledge of advising best practices.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
· Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and made good decisions.
Employment Type: Regular
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.